Building Department Division
Introducing Online Permits!
We now have an application and payment portal for some (not all) permits.
- Deck applications and other building projects cannot be submitted using this portal. If your project is not on the dropdown list, you cannot utilize the online portal for your application. Please scroll down to find and use the PDF Building Permit Application found in the Permit Applications (to print or download) section below.
- All commercial projects require a plan review.
- Available online permits include:
- Building - Exterior Door Replacements, Re-Roof, Siding and same size Window Replacements.
- Electric (Commercial and Residential)
- Mechanical - Fireplaces, New Construction, New Installations and Replacements
- Plumbing - Drain, Waste and Vent, Fixture Replacements, PVB's and RPZ's
- Zoning - Driveways, Fences, Signs and Structures such as gazebos, pergolas and sheds that are 200 square feet or less (Commercial and Residential).
- To be redirected to the online permit portal click the button below or click online permits.
- If your project or construction type is not listed above, or found in the dropdown choices while using the Online portal, the Online portal is not available to use for that project or construction type. You will need to submit a PDF application via email or paper application via USPS, drop box or in person . Please scroll down to find and use the correct application found in the Permit applications (to print or download) section below.
- To verify an address is in our jurisdiction, click Anoka County Parcel Viewer
- If you have any questions, please call 763-576-2720.
Permit Application Process for applications not being submitted using the Online Permit portal:
Step 1: Proceed with completing an application only if the property address is in the City of Anoka.
- If the address is not in the City of Anoka, please contact the city or township in which the address is located and that jurisdiction will help you.
Step 2: Complete and submit your application with any required documents such as your site plan and building plans.
- The applications below are fillable PDFs. Applications are updated yearly, please use the most current application form posted below. Please note we have separate applications for roofing, siding and windows/doors replacements (same size).
- The applications below may be submitted via email, mailed, put in the drop box located outside of Anoka City Hall or in person. We no longer accept applications through facsimile.
- If you have code construction questions, please contact the Building Official. If you have zoning questions, please contact the City Planner. If you have other questions, please contact the Building Permit Technician.
Step 3: Your application will be reviewed and we will call you upon approval regarding payment for the permit.
- We accept Visa, Master Card, Discover, checks or exact cash.
- Issued permits will be emailed to you unless otherwise indicated.
Step 4: Proceed with your project and schedule inspections.
- To schedule inspections, you can either:
- Email your request to Comdev@ci.anoka.mn.us or
- Call 763-576-2720
Permit Applications to download (scroll up for online portal link)
- Accessory Structure (200 square feet or less) Site Plan Review - REVISED 3-22-2023
- Building Permit Application 2023 - REVISED 6-26-2023
- Building Relocation Application 2023
- Demolition Application 2023
- Driveway Application 2023
- Electric Application for Contractors 2023
- Electric Application for Homeowners 2023
- Fence Application - REVISED 3-22-2023
- Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression Application 2023 - REVISED 10-9-2023
- Mechanical Application REVISED 6-26-2023
- Plumbing Application - REVISED 6-26-2023
- Roof Application 2023 - REVISED 6-26-2023
- Sewer - Water - Street to Structure Application 2023
- Siding Application 2023 - REVISED 6-26-2023
- Sign Application - REVISED 3-22-2023
- Storage Tank Removal Permit Application
- Subsurface Treatment System Application 2023
- Water Meter Application 2023
- Window - Door Same Size Replacement Application 2023 - REVISED 6-26-2023